Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Monday, March 28, 2011

RING No. 87

I think I am still in recovery from the long drive up here yesterday. I have been super sleepy all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be full of energy and sunshine!

Tonight's ring is made of a found paper clip and repurposed tissue paper that I got when I ordered something from Art in The Age. See their website at the following link: Art In The Age [Their T-shirts are awesome!]

You may recall that I made a ring from a label from the same package earlier in this series. Ring No. 34 to be exact. You can see it by clicking the following link: Ring No. 34

While on spring break, I visited Felicia van Bork at the McColl Center, where she was installing work in her studio, which she will be in for 11 months. I helped her make some paper flowers that will be displayed in her space for the Neiman Marcus Spring Fling that is right around the corner. See this link for more details: Spring Fling  This ring is dedicated to Felicia!

I made this ring using similar materials, and the same basic process. The band is a blue paper clip that I found and bent to resemble a mini paper clip and a circular band. The paper is folded and then fluffed to resemble petals.

Thanks for reading! Good night!

Materials: paper clip, tissue paper
Dimensions: 3.5 x 1.5 x 2.5 inches



No comments:

Post a Comment