Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

RING No. 85

I started today by bidding farewell to Janice and Werner Mueller and Janice's sister Lin, who was visiting from Dallas, TX. I had a quick breakfast and chat with the ladies and I was off!

I rode the LYNX blue line into Uptown Charlotte to go meet Felicia van Bork at the McColl Center. I was a bit early, so I walked around Tryon Street and got to see the new Mint Museum and the new Bechtler Museum of Art. I did not have much time, or else I would have gone in and visited each. This summer I hope to come spend the day at the two new art establishments. While on that side of Tryon, I got the chance to see Niki de Saint Phalle's work, which was on the Green across from the Bechtler. I took photos of the outside and inside of one particular piece, a giant skull. It was stunning!

I was hopeful to find some interesting objects on the streets of Charlotte, but they were so clean that I found absolutely nothing! I suppose that can be considered a good thing! I soon discovered that there is an Amelie's in Uptown! I was super excited and stopped in to get some goodies. There are beautiful red tulips along Tryon street! They made me think of Felicia, because of their delicate beauty and also because she has tulips in her yard in Davidson!

I met up with her and helped her create some huge paper flowers that will be used to decorate her studio for the Neiman Marcus Sponsored Spring Fling that is coming up in April. It was super fun! We got to catch up and talk about what is happening in our lives. Felicia's work can be seen at the following address: http://www.feliciavanbork.com

On the way out, we ran into Nick Bloomberg, who was bringing work by to install for the event as well. His work was sweet! I hadn't seen him in quite a while, over a year for sure. His work can be seen at this  address: http://nickbloomberg.com

I then took the blue line back to South End and went to meet Angie Rogers, her mother, and grandmother. Angie and I roomed together during undergrad and we have remained good friends since! I am actually going to be in her wedding in May! We had some good laughs as always and then parted ways so that Angie, Brett(her fiance) and I could go to church. Forest Hill is where we went. Boy do I miss that church! I have found one in Ohio, but it doesn't compare to this one.

After church we went and picked up Angie's neighbor, Paul. We all went to an awesome Asian Fusion restaurant and I had some sweet sushi! The Green Lady (had asparagus/avocado/mint amongst other things) and the Spider Roll. It really hit the spot! Then we had an amazing dessert! Fried Banana with green tea ice cream and also some Red Bean ice cream, which is one of my fave desserts!

Tonight, Angie gave me some really awesome stuff! There was so much to choose from! I picked out a stone/mineral from her collection. One that reminded me of her. The metal setting is bent out of a bookmark my mom gave me the other day. This ring is dedicated to Angie Rogers! (soon to be Angie Beard!

Materials: metal bookmark, stone
Dimensions: 2 x 1.75 x .75 inches



No comments:

Post a Comment