Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

RING No. 144

I just got off the phone with my mom. She told me that my Nanu is gone. Evidently it happened shortly after I had left the hospital today but she was waiting until I had arrived in WV to tell me. I loved my grandmother so so very much. She practically raised me for the first 6 months of my life and has done so much for me throughout my life. I feel sad, sick, and kind of empty right now and I really don't even want to make a ring but I am going to make my Nanu proud of me. She never gave up and was a determined, independent woman. I inherited those personality traits from her for sure. For the past few years she has been in a lot of pain and discomfort and I know that she is happier in heaven with God right now. I am trying very hard not to be selfish and wish that she was still here.

Tonight's ring is a simple wire tied in the fashion of a string. Like in the olden days when people would tie a string around their finger to remember something, I am vowing to remember my grandmother and to never forget her.

I have also posted some photos of my beloved grandmother below...

Good night

Materials: wire
Dimensions: 1 x .75 x .5 inches












2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss, Tabitha. She sounds like a fantastic woman and quite the example for you! I know she will live on in your heart forever.

    ReplyDelete