Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

RING No. 142

Today was a long day. My sister and I went to the hospital at 10:15am this morning and were there pretty much all day minus a food break and a break to go pick Braelynn (my niece) up. My grandmother is still holding on. We are not sure how long she will be with us. Today, I think I cried more than I ever have. I have never lost anyone close to me and out of all my grandparents, I am closest to my "Nanu" or "Nana". I was the first grandchild and I chose the name "Nanu" for her when I was very tiny after hearing that word on the TV show Mork and Mindy. If you have ever seen it, Robin Williams says that word quite often as I remember. Anywho, the name stuck and we all sometimes interchange "Nana" for it as well. Her real name is Ogretta Till. What a beautiful name, right? I want to make a ring for her soon. I am going to work very hard on it, so it may be when I get back to my studio in Ohio.

Today was extremely sad and emotionally difficult, but it was also good because I got to see my family (which most of them I see once a year at Christmas). It was nice to be close to them and talk with them. We reminisced about good times with my grandmother and conversed about all the wonderful moments we shared. I miss my family and friends tremendously. Being 7.5 to 10 hours away from them in Ohio is difficult. My mom and sister try to skype with me as much as they can, but we are all very busy and it is hard sometimes.

My grandfather is a stoic man, but has a great sense of humor and loves to make people laugh. Today, he said: "How many people do you know that have had a still in their house for 61 years and never had a visit from the sheriff? (My grandmother's maiden name was Still).....When the hospice worker asked how long him and Nanu had been married, he said, "Not long...........just 61 years"....he has remained very strong throughout this, but seeing him beside her bed talking to her (she was non-responsive) just touched my heart. To see love that has lasted that long and is still going strong is simply amazing to me. I only hope that I can be that lucky one day. I really have witnessed true love: In the form of my grandparents marriage.

Speaking of Marriage, todays ring is the last to celebrate Angie and Brett's Wedding. I made it out of the program from the ceremony. I simply cut, curled, and glued it all together. I wish the best for them and I am so fortunate to have been a part of their special day. Love you guys!

Materials: Paper, glue
Dimensions: 2.25 x 2.25 x ..5 inches




No comments:

Post a Comment