Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Friday, December 30, 2011

RING No. 364

I spent the entire day in the studio working on today's ring. I have given the ring the name "Ogretta" in memory of my late grandmother, Ogretta Till. The flowers are reminiscent of the arrangement that was at her memorial service (there wasn't a funeral). The floral arrangement was done by Brenda Harley, my former employer and dear friend. She did a wonderful job!!! In the arrangement, there were various shades of pink flowers in several sizes. It represented my grandmother perfectly. There are four flowers in the ring to represent the four roles I saw her in throughout her life: Wife, Mother, Grandmother, and Great-Grandmother. She excelled in all four! The past seven months have been very rough as I went through the grieving process. (as I have said before, this was the first real loss I have ever had)

I am still not out of the woods yet, but it is definitely much better now.

The flowers are made of fine silver, the bands/stems are made of sterling silver, and there are Pink Tourmalines (the larger stones) and Rubies (the smaller stones) set in the center of each flower. One flower has tiny granules of sterling silver around the set stone.

I vowed to make my grandmother a ring twice (see Ring No. 144 and  Ring No. 264), but fear of not making one that was "good enough" by my standards and lack of time most days prevented me from doing so until now. I am  very happy with the ring and I think she would love it if she saw it.

Thanks for reading, Goodnight!

Materials: Fine Silver, sterling silver, Pink Tourmalines, and Rubies
Dimensions: 1.75 x 1.75 x 1.75 inches











The Making Process: 


I drew floral designs on Tracing paper....

..pasted the tracing paper to the metal and cut the flowers out....

then came the soldering....





1 comment: