Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

RING No. 335

I came to school this morning at 10am to prepare for the demo that I was giving to my class at 11. Class went well and I had just enough time to show everything. After class I worked in the studio for quite a while and then took a break to go get some coffee. When I got back I worked for a bit more and then helped my students with casting. It went pretty well! After that, I worked in the studio for a few more hours making some things for the Jewelry Sale that will be going on during tomorrow night's show opening at the main gallery in the Art Building. I got some really cool stuff made! I then made tonight's ring and I am about to go home now. I have been at school 13.5 hrs. (minus coffee break)....its time to leave!

Early tomorrow morning I am going to Akron with Dr. Havice for a meeting concerning the GAR foundation. I have been selected to curate a show for them! I am super excited! I believe I would start in January. What a great opportunity!

Tonight's ring is the "Mass of Chain" or "Massive Chain" Ring.....(the two names sound alike hahaha)
It is made from found objects (chains) and nickel silver jump rings that I formed myself from wire.

Thanks for reading, Goodnight!

Materials: Found Chains, Nickel Silver
Dimensions: 2.25 x 1.25 x 1.25 inches




No comments:

Post a Comment