Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

RING No. 336

Today I woke up very early and went to Akron with Dr. Havice for a meeting with the GAR representative concerning the curating I will be doing for their establishment. It was a great meeting and I am very excited! After I got back, I worked in the studio, took an hour nap at my desk, worked some more until it was time for our seminar meeting (had been rescheduled, usually is Wed. morning). After the Seminar meeting, I got changed into some spiffy clothes and went to set up for the Jewelry Sale. I worked the sale throughout the BFA shows that were going on. I also got to peruse the shows at intervals as well as snack on great gallery food and drink. I got to see so many people I don't usually get to see or haven't seen for quite a while! It was high energy awesomeness! After the sale was over I went to Rays to meet the Grads and Kathleen for a bit. I then went home and washed my face and took a nap. It was just what I needed! Now I am back at the studio and just programmed the kiln for my students' burnout (for casting).

Cheers to all my friends that had their show tonight!! Natalie, Dana, Cheri, Melissa, and April....Congrats Ladies! Tonights ring is for them!....It is made out of a plastic rendition of a Guiness that was originally on some green mardi gras beads (for St. Pats I think). Someone gave it to me a while back but I cannot remember who exactly. The first photo below is of the piece before I made it into a ring.

Thanks for reading! Goodnight

Materials: found object (plastic)
Dimensions: 2.25 x 1.25 x .125 inches



No comments:

Post a Comment