Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Monday, December 5, 2011

RING No. 339

On this oh-so-rainy-day I slept in (because of a benadryl!) and then went to do laundry....I also did laundry yesterday (Have not done laundry in about 5 weeks because of moving and something supposedly being wrong with the washer at my old place) I am almost done with all of it! I think I need maybe one more trip to the laundromat and then a few hand-washing sessions at my house (for delicates!) and I will have tons of clean clothes!!!!! I cannot wait!

I was sure that I would be the only one doing laundry on When I was at the laundromat but while I was there, I saw 2 other people, which I actually knew! I love the Kent Laundromat so much! It is clean place, employs friendly people, is affordable, and they have their dryers turned up (which means it takes less quarters to dry your clothes). Much Much better than the popular Laundry 101.

After Laundry, I did some reading for art history, ate a bite, and put away some clothes. I then made my way to art history. Today was our last class! Now I just have to complete my Research Paper and turn it in Friday!

Today in my Art History class we watched a YouTube video discussing String Theory (was also the topic of some of the readings we did for class). When I got back to my studio I was looking around for inspiration and immediately saw a small piece of glass that I had formed 2 years ago when I took Flameworking. It looked exactly like some of the illustrations of String Theory that I saw today. I found a metal wire piece that my mom had given me a while back (was part of a cheap wind chime from the dollar store I believe) and made a ring to hold the glass "String" from so that it would vibrate like the strings mentioned in String Theory.

Thanks for reading! Goodnight!

Materials: Glass and Metal Wire
Dimensions: 3.75 x 2 x 2.25 inches


No comments:

Post a Comment