Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Monday, December 19, 2011

RING No. 352

I forgot to mention the other day that the new Muppet movie is wonderful! I suggest you see it!....Dave and I went the other day and we also watched Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas(DVD), Charlie Brown Christmas(DVD), and Mickey's Christmas Carol(VHS)! It was an awesome end to my time in Ohio before leaving for the holidays!

Thanks again to Dave for taking me to the airport!

I arrived in Charlotte last night safe and sound and was picked up by my sister. My flights were all on time, which was awesome. When I left Ohio, there was snow on the ground! But of course it was not like that in the Carolinas!......My first flight was really awesome because as luck would have it, a nice gentleman gave me his First Class seat (He was no longer flying to Atlanta and suggested that I sit there instead of my coach seat). It was super nice! I had more leg room, a complimentary blanket and pillow, and I was offered and provided extra snacks and drinks. I was super comfy and pretty much slept the whole flight.

Today I slept late (at my sisters) and later came to Orangeburg with Susanna and Robert for the annual Till Christmas gathering. (Till is my moms maiden name) I had a wonderful time! I got to see Ginger(cousin) and Frankie's sweet little boy, Chandler. He was a delight! There are two great grandchildren, Braelynn and Chandler. (Braelynn is my sister Susanna's daughter) I had not seen little Chandler since my grandmother's memorial service back in June. He was a newborn then!

This is the first christmas since Nanu's passing. I missed her very much at the party, but there was alot of kindness and love present this year. I think that some of us have grown closer and good things have come out of the loss of my grandma. There were alot of people there tonight and tons of good food. My favorite was my aunt Connie's red velvet cupcakes!!!!!

It was so good seeing all my cousins and catching up with them. After the party, my mom, Brae, and I came back to mom's house and hung out for a bit. I got a chance to unpack and talk with mom about the schedule for the next two weeks.

I am excited for Christmas! I have some awesome gifts to give! I cannot wait to see the look on my family members faces when they see the goodies I searched for/made for them. This is literally my favorite part of christmas, is giving special gifts to the special people I care about. With the over commercialization of the holidays, I have grown more and more interested in either handcrafting gifts or searching long and hard for that special something to give, something that they will use/love/cherish for years. I used to LOVE going shopping for people, but anymore I enjoy getting on ebay, etsy, or just getting into my studio to find/create something really unique/special. Something else I have been trying to do more and more is customization....for instance, I purchased a scarf for someone (on clearance) but to make it all the more awesome, I am hand embroidering their initials on it!....I found an awesome yo-yo for Dave and then engraved his nickname on it!.....I urge you to customize things! It can be very easy to embroider, paint, engrave/score, or mark(with sharpie) on a simple object to elevate it to another level of cool!

Ok, enough of my rambling.....Tonight's ring is made from some foam that my mom gave me, some old sequins, markers, and silver thread. I made a crafty Christmas tree ring! The sequins are meant to resemble ornaments and a star. On the back of the ring it reads "Till Christmas 2011". The little silver dots from the sewing of the sequins resemble little lights. I had a wonderful time today and so I needed to commemorate it! I am so thankful for my wonderful family! How lucky am I!

Thanks for reading, Goodnight!

Materials: foam, sequins, marker, and metallic thread
Dimensions: 4 x 2.5 x .125 inches







No comments:

Post a Comment