Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

RING No. 81

This morning I got the chance to hang with my grandparents one last time before I departed for the upper part of the state. It was very pleasant. Braelynn and I ate breakfast with Nanu and then I got the chance to show them photos of my Rings as well as my MFA candidacy work. Before we left, Grandy gave me the largest sweet potatoes ever! I cannot wait to cook them! While we were out in the field (they live on a farm) I found a 20 dollar bill in the grass. I gave it to my grandfather because I figured it had fallen out of his pocket days ago.

Later, Braelynn and I painted a toy tea set (that you bake in the oven and the design becomes set). We put all kinds of animals on the teapot, cups, and saucers. I cannot wait to see how it turns out!

So today was the last day with little Braelynn. Wow! is it hard to take care of a 4 yr. old for almost 4 days! I am super tired....But it was worth it! I really don't know how my sister juggles school, work, and a family. After I dropped her off at her grandmothers, I went to my BFF's house. Her name is Brittney Baer (formerly Ulmer). I was so excited to see her! She has a super cool husband named Clark. Clarksy! hahaha

I attempted to do yoga with them, but since my back is still injured from roller skating, I ended up sleeping on the couch while they worked up a sweat. The dinner they made for me was A-Mazing! Pork roast, pasta salad, and green beans and Chocolate pudding for dessert!..with bits of dark choco too! I felt kinda guilty after that big meal and no work out.

So......tonight's ring symbolizes Britt and I.... She gave me two little aluminum pieces that came in the collars of an Express shirt. They read: "There's no wrong way to wear it". This is perfect because We are both into fashion and I am constantly saying this phrase in my head! I am super excited! We designed this simple construction ring together. I have been waiting to make a ring with Brittney for a while now, and I am so glad it finally happened. The two interconnected pieces represent us as friends! Even though each piece is the same, they are bent uniquely, which reflects our personalities perfectly. Brittney and I have been friends for 13 years! And we will continue to be BFFs forever! No matter how far apart we are. As I am typing, we are laughing constantly.

Thanks for reading my super-long post! Good night!

Materials: Aluminum
Dimensions: 1.5 x 1 x .3125 inches

Thanks to Brittney for being my ring model!



No comments:

Post a Comment