Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Monday, March 14, 2011

RING No. 73

Today was a long and productive day! Just got home from the studio and I am so ready to relax! :). Today I went to class, ran some errands, taught class, took photos of my new bracelets, submitted my materials for a scholarship competition, graded my students work, and made my ring.  In between the errands I got to try Starbucks new petites!... I had a rocky road cake pop and a mini carrot cake cupcake! boy are they delicious...and they are PETITE! like me! I Love them!

Tonights ring is made from a shell fragment I found at Wrightsville Beach in North Carolina last summer. I cut a hole in it and engraved some sea imagery on the back. I was trying to emulate scrimshaw, which I have always found so beautiful! I hope to have a piece of original sailor/whaler scrimshaw in my collection one day.....

I painted the back with black acrylic and then sanded it off. Then, for the blue tone, I put deep blue prismacolor pencil in the crevices and burnished it off the high spots.

Thanks for reading!

Materials: found shell fragment, black acrylic paint, deep blue prismacolor pencil
Dimensions: 1.625 x 1.5 x .5 inches





No comments:

Post a Comment