Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

RING No. 64

Well I'm glad today is over. It was an 11 hour day at the studio and a rough one at that. Two of my hinges broke on my bracelets in the middle of the day, and because I had gotten so far along with assembling the bracelet, it added about 2 more hours to my work load. :(...... but alas! I stuck with it and finished BOTH bracelets tonight! Hooray and Hallelujah!.... Now it is time to go dance in celebration! I stayed in last night and I am glad I did, because I worked all day without getting sleepy. I got a chance to go to the Textiles Open studio and it was wonderful!

Today's ring was made quickly right before I left, because I was super exhausted and ready to go home. The inside is a steel ring with linear bearings that actually roll! I found it at Winthrop about 4 years ago when I was in the sculpture studio. The gray leather came from a belt that I cut to fit my waist. (I save all my leather scraps!) The orange string came from a tag off of a piece of Paul Frank clothing from Gabes.

Materials: Steel, Leather, String
Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1.25 inches



No comments:

Post a Comment