Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

RING No. 82

Today, after having a delightful coffee and chat with my friend Guillermo, I went to see Janice Mueller, a former teacher and current mentor of mine. We had some great conversation and outstanding food. Delicious tomato soup and homemade bread for lunch.....Salmon with rice, wine, and a salad for dinner. We chatted about grad school, her work, my work, whats new in our lives, and many other things. I have been brainstorming for my Thesis topic and supporting sentences (which is due at the beginning of next fall) and her comments and suggestions were Extremely helpful. I took so many notes! She introduced me to an amazing artist named Rebecca Horn. Her work is amazing! She has a huge book of her work and I intend to take a thorough gander at it before I leave town. Janice gave me some beautiful Japanese silk screen paper she got at Miki's in Berkley, California. It is silver and red and is composed of a grid pattern. From this paper, I created an origami form modeled after the fortune tellers that my friends and I once made in grade school. The band is brass and was the inside casing for a cell phone car charger. I cut it in half, filed, sanded, and drew a grid on it. I used the brass because it reminded me of the beautiful gold that Janice uses in her work. See her work on her website at this link: http://www.janicewmueller.com/

This ring is dedicated to Janice Mueller! Thank you Janice for all you have done for me and for all of your helpful input!

Materials: Japanese silk screened paper and brass
Dimensions: 2.75 1.25 x 1.25 inches





1 comment: