Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Friday, March 25, 2011

RING No. 84

Today, I had the pleasure of meeting up with the Fabulous Sharon Dowell. I got a chance to visit her at her studio. Her work can be seen at this site: http://www.sharondowell.com/ 

Before she arrived, I was scavenging for objects to save for future rings, when Paul Sires drove up. I had not seen him in a very long time! I was once employed by him and his wife, Ruth Lyons (http://www.ruthavalyons.comat Center of the Earth Gallery back in 2008/2009. He is an amazing artist and his work can be seen at this site: http://www.centeroftheearth.com/art_sculpture_sires.html

Sharon is doing quite well and will be starting a residency at the McColl center soon! It was nice to know that she is keeping busy by working in the studio, traveling, participating in residencies, and selling her work through galleries. We went to Amelie's French bakery (my Fave place in CLT for sugary goodness!) for a quick bite and it was wonderful! They have a case full of fresh baked sweets and I want them all every time I go! I got the Brie & Chambord Apricot Tartine as well as a mini coconut mousse cup and a passion fruit mousse cup.....And then Macaroons of all colors To Go!

During our conversation, she mentioned a place called Book Buyers in the Plaza/Midwood area. I went and found some sweet books, as well as some sweet treats! If you like used books that are smartly priced, you must visit this store!

After that, I went on to Rock Hill and stopped by Gallery up and then to studio 157 (http://fridayartsproject.blogspot.com/2011/02/elonzo-plays-space-157.html) to see Michael Gentry and pick up some of his collages that I had forgotten yesterday. The past two times I have stopped by, only Mike was there, but this time I got the chance to chat with Nicki Verechia and Seth Rouser! Nicki has a blog that can be seen at the following address: http://www.nicverechia.blogspot.com/  
(I was unable to link to Seth's website) but for future reference, it is www.sethrouser.com

Lastly, I attended the reception for the Intercollegiate Undergraduate Juried Exhibition that Courtney Starrett's students organized. It was really something! They presented awards and Bob Ebendorf explained why each one was chose. I got to see some Winthrop students I hadn't seen in quite a while, specifically Sandy Singletary and Dustin Shores. I cannot wait to see Sandy's MFA thesis work!

A few days ago, I picked up a flyer for TEMPLE OF BOOM. I really wanted to go, but alas, it is taking place while I am in Ohio. I believe it is one of the events Cody Hare is associated with. These events are always super cool and I always wish I could go, but in the past two years I just see the advertisements on Facebook and frown because I cannot go. Today's ring is created out of the card for the TEMPLE OF BOOM show. Hey! Everyone in the Rock Hill/Charlotte area should go to this! Here is a link to the FB page: http://www.facebook.com/templeofboomcharlotte

The key ring came from Janice Mueller. Thanks Janice!

Materials: paper, key ring
Dimensions: 2.25 x 2.75 x .125 inches





No comments:

Post a Comment