Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Monday, October 31, 2011

RING No. 303

Today I skyped with my mom. Then I went to the park and read for a little while. It was kind of chilly but I had a cozy blanket. When the sun started to go behind the trees, I went home to finish reading. I took a small nap and then went to see Dave for a short while. We put together an awesome Vintage Ghostbusters puzzle and had a snack. I then went to the studio to make tonight's ring. I am super tired and a bit overwhelmed by all the things I have to do this week. Let's see...I have a presentation tomorrow, I have to finish the October yo yo piece for my thesis by tomorrow, move out of my apartment in the next 2 days, grade my students work, attend a few meetings (one of which I have to do a bit of reading for.), prepare for the next set of demos for the class I am teaching, along with starting the new November piece and a few more things I am probably forgetting to ad to the list of things to do. Ahhh! Stress......However, I just remembered that at the end of the week our seminar group is taking an art field trip to Pittsburgh. I have never been so I am pretty excited. If I can just make it through the week, then the weekend should be pretty relaxing and fun.

Tonight's ring is the Acorn ring. My dad gave me the little metal piece that reads "ACORN"...I found the cap on the ground outside of the studio.....the ceramic bead was made by me out of clay from around my grandfather's pond (down the road from his farm), I think the black coated wire came from Sid. Thanks guys!

This ring is fitting for my life in Kent because there are tons of Acorns and tons of squirrels.

Thanks for reading,
Goodnight

Materials: Found metal object, coated wire, acorn cap, handmade ceramic bead, and sterling silver
Dimensions: .75 x .5 x 1.25 inches



No comments:

Post a Comment