Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

RING No. 284

Today was a surprisingly good day. I didn't get much sleep last night and I went to school at 7:30am, so I was a bit grouchy at first. But I soon livened up, finished prepping for my demos, and taught class. I made a Sister Hook today! It was the first one ever! I was super stoked!...I made it out of copper because it was a sample used in the one of the demos I did today, but I want to make more in silver for my work. They are strong clasps and very delicate and beautiful. We had our first Co-Op meeting today. It got me excited to design a flyer (I always love making them every year) for our upcoming Jewelry Sale as well as pumping me up to start making a stockpile of items to sell. We have less than a month before work is due! This is going to be a busy month....working on my Thesis piece for October, Ring a day (which is now counting for my thesis! Hooray), and making work for the sale. Also, I am working on a commissioned wedding band for a groom. Busy Busy Busy.

Today's ring is made of a pink plastic flamingo that I cut off of a stick (for drinks). My boyfriend, Dave gave it to me. Thanks Dave!!!....The Flamingo is attached onto a pink piece of plastic that was a clip for my first MP3 player. I think it was a Sansa or something. Needless to say, I got my succession of ipods after that and never looked back. I riveted the two pink pieces together with sterling silver tube.

Thanks for reading!

Materials: Found Plastic and sterling silver
Dimensions: 2.125 x 1.25 x .25 inches




No comments:

Post a Comment