Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

RING No. 299

I could have slept 3 more hours this morning, but I had to wake up for seminar. Surprisingly, I made it through the entire day WITHOUT a nap! I did have an iced coffee (light on the sugar and sans whip cream!) though, which probably helped. It was a very productive day! I finished the wedding band commission (except for final polishing which I intend to do tomorrow), worked on my thesis piece for the month of October (I'm making a Sweet silver box that will hold yo yo string and wax), made a ring, did some cleaning, and stopped by the glass studio.

I mentioned a few posts back that I recieved a package from my dad. Well, tonight's ring is made from a piece of wood that was in the pkg. He was renovating a house and found a knot in some wood that he was tearing out. Well, the knot had a hole in it so he saved it for me! The piece of wood was about 4 inches in diameter, so obviously I cut a good bit off. I filed and sanded it until I got the desired shape. I sealed it with some paste wax and Voila! Now it is a two finger (or one finger for someone with larger fingers) wooden ring!

Thanks for reading!

Materials: Wood
Dimensions: 2 x 2 x .75 inches





No comments:

Post a Comment