Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

RING No. 275

I went to church this morning and then worked for the rest of the day at the studio. I am super excited about my thesis work and it is coming along well. I cannot wait to share it with you all!.......While at church, a certain passage struck me. The topic of the sermon was Pain and the words of the verse were quite serendipitous and aligned with my recent situation. It touched on Grief (the loss of my grandmother, whom I was very close to), Joy (which I have been pondering lately in comparison to the idea of "happiness"), and the Refinement of Gold (which relates to my striving for perfection as well as my school career as a metalsmith/artist). It was the perfect thing for me to hear today. I left the building feeling uplifted and encouraged. Here are the verses:

1 Peter 1: 6-9 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are recieving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Today's ring is made from a computer part/printer part that I am pretty sure my stepdad Sid gave me. I set it in Silver and Fine silver.

Thanks for reading!

Materials: Sterling Silver, Fine Silver, Computer part
Dimensions: 1.625 x .375 x 1 inch





No comments:

Post a Comment