Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

RING No. 293

Went to the studio this morning with my mom and then taught class. Went for a quick shopping trip for a few necessities for my new apt., then worked on some flyers for the Jewelry Sale and attended the meeting (which got pretty heated on the subject of whether or not we should accept Pay Pal at the sale this year). Usually we just take Cash or Check. After the meeting, my mom picked me up and we came back to the hotel. She went to Jubilee doughnuts today and I got to eat some when I got in! They are so delicious. Definitely the best doughnuts I have had since I moved to Ohio!.....We had reheated Thai and started watching the Goonies. It is one of my all time favorite movies!.....I am pretty excited about tomorrow. My mom and I are going to drive around Amish Country and try and visit a few thrift stores. After that I will take her to the airport so she can start the journey home to South Carolina. I have had fun with her the past week!

Tonight's ring is made from a bearing that my grandfather (Grandy) gave me the last time I was home for a visit. He uses them as tractor parts and in other machinery around the farm. It was heavily rusted, but I thoroughly sanded the inside so that there is no rust touching the finger. The other day, Danielle gave me some rubber that she had as scrap when finishing her piece with dragon skin (type of rubber). I cut it into pieces and wrapped one around the outside of the bearing. Thanks for the rubber Danielle! PS: The bearing still works perfectly and the ring can turn and spin if you push it!

Thanks for reading! Goodnight!

Materials: Rusted Ball Bearing, Rubber
Dimensions:





Here is a sneak peak of the flyers I designed for the Sale. Not sure if they'll be chosen or not, but we'll see!....I still have to put in the Date/Time/Place, but that is a last minute thing. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment