Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

RING No. 9

Tonight, I have been feeling quite sentimental..... I started thinking of what ring to make, and since I am at home preparing for the first day of school (tomorrow), I will once again find materials in my room. I have been thinking alot lately about the concept of friendship and what it means to me. Coming to Ohio and having to make all new friends (because I knew no one) has been an interesting experience and has challenged me to think about who I call a true friend and what they are made up of. 

A token from my childhood that often meant friendship was the friendship bracelet. Anyone that grew up in the 80's or 90's should know what these were. They were either store bought, or made (mostly of embroidery floss). You would make two and give one to a friend. They were usually brightly colored and could be composed of any number of different patterns or the same repeating pattern. 

Tonight I am making a pair of friendship rings. I have not made one of these in probably 10 years! Wow time flies, doesn't it!

These were made using a woven/knot technique that I learned as a young kid.


Medium: Embroidery Thread
Dimensions: 1 x 1 x .25 inches each




No comments:

Post a Comment