Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

RING No. 5

So.....Something was wrong with Blogger's site last night and I wasn't able to upload anything. Day 5 of Laryngitis and I am going bug-eyed being in my room so much. I am hoping to make it to the studio today so that I can prepare for class and make today's ring there, where all my lovely tools and materials are! I am super excited! I found this bubble gum machine plastic container (my sister and niece have been collecting them for me) and a mini disco ball (left over from my 2009 Halloweens costume) and decided to make something to lift my spirits. This ring was made with very simple construction (hole poked through plastic and string tied in knot). I had made two other rings before this one, but they just didn't make the cut (mostly because of stability issues).

I made this ring while watching the show, Modern Family and the movie Revenge of the Bridesmaids on Hulu. Let me just say that Modern Family is ABSOLUTELY hilarious and fresh! and Revenge of the Bridesmaids is very entertaining and I related to the whole Southern theme. It reminded me of people I actually know. Before this I had watched 500 days of Summer with Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon Levitt. It was awesome! I was inspired by his architecture skills and attempted to create a ring, but alas it was not meant to be. Thanks for reading! Here is the ring!


Materials: mini disco ball, plastic gumball machine container
Dimensions: 2 x 1 x 1 inches









No comments:

Post a Comment