Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

RING No. 28

Today was a good day. It did not start so well though... I overslept and got to school late. But once I started working, things got better. I worked on casting some pieces for my upcoming MFA candidacy review. Later on, I held a help session for my Intro students and I think it went well. Only about half the class showed up, but that is better than none at all. After I was done at the studio, I went to Cleveland for a opening at MOCA. It was amazing. Lori Ott's work was beautiful. I had a favorite. The first one on the wall. I wish it were on my wall!

Anyways, on the way home from the show, (I was riding with Sarah Jane and Wes Airgood), I was talking about todays ring and what it would be... Wes talked about setting stones and mentioned pop tabs.. well that got my brain turning. When I got back to the studio, I dug out these fluorite stones that I have had for almost 5 years. I found some scrap aluminum that was laying around, and a straight cotter pin(look it up if you don't know what it is).


Materials: cotter pin, aluminum, fluorite
Dimensions: 1.125 x .875 x .875 inches



No comments:

Post a Comment