Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

RING No. 1

When I read about the SNAG exhibition "Ring A Day" that is planned for this years upcoming Conference in Seattle, i was instantly inspired. As a result, my Major New Year's resolution is to make one ring a day for an entire year. I am very excited about this. I cannot wait to see what my roller coaster of a daily life gives me in terms of materials and ideas. Subscribe to my blog to stay updated about each day's new ring and the story behind it. Every day is a new and different one, so each ring will be unique!

I made the first ring earlier tonight in the car with my friend Cameron. We had just returned from an amazing place called MELT in Lakewood. I hadn't brought any materials with me so I scavenged Cam's car (actually Katie's) to find something. Lo and behold, one of those corrugated cardboard sleeves from Starbucks was right in front of me. It was beckoning to be transformed. There is a significance to using this material. I was very excited to hang out with Cam because I had not seen him since exam day, which was almost 3 weeks ago. I feel like every time I see Cam, his hand is clad with a Starbucks beverage. This was the perfect item to fashion a ring out of to commemorate our hang time! Well, here it is!

Created in the dark by light of mere passing headlights and dim streetlights during an approx. 40 minute drive to Kent in a moving car while listening  to Jonsi, Architecture in Helsinki, and Royksopp. 


Material: Starbucks Cardboard Sleeve
Dimensions: 2.5 x 2.5 x 1.75 inches





No comments:

Post a Comment