Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Monday, February 21, 2011

RING No. 52

The weather has been super yucky today... Snow, snow and more snow. Driving home from the studio just now, all I could think about was this vision of me wearing shorts and shoes with no socks while riding my bike with the sun in my eyes. What I wouldn't give for it to be summer... or spring. Oh Ohio... why do you give me the cold shoulder?...

On a happier note, I love Coconuts! anything that has coconut in it... sunscreen, coconut gelato, coconut cake, coconut lip balm, coconut flakes, chips, and oil... Well, when I first got to Kent, I bought a coconut and cracked it open in the studio with a hammer. I ate the delicious insides and saved the shell. I have been saving it for just such a day! What better fruit (is it really a fruit?) to remind me of sunny days than this one!

I cut a piece of the shell, filed and sanded it, and then carved in a design with three coconuts in it. After that, I waxed it. I hope it reminds you of summer too!

Materials: Coconut shell
Dimensions: 1.625 x 1.125 x 1.125 inches



No comments:

Post a Comment