Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Monday, February 7, 2011

RING No. 38

I have recently been working on a few bracelets for my show. Tonight's ring is a sample for a part in one of the bracelets. I cut, soldered, filed, and sanded sterling silver sheet for the band and holding piece. The bolts are fine silver plated. The hinge is sterling silver. For the piece that rests on top the ring, I cast consumer used aluminum in Smooth-On plastic and then cut, filed and sanded. The hinged piece goes back and forth playfully as the wearer moves.

Materials: Sterling silver, repurposed aluminum, plastic
Dimensions: 2.5 x 1 x .5 inches





No comments:

Post a Comment