Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

RING No. 118

Today's ring is dedicated to all my friends who are fans of the Cavs(Cleveland Cavaliers)....but especially Hangtime.......Hope you all like it! :)

I found this styrofoam ball (previously an antenna topper for a car) at an antique store in the Coventry area of Cleveland....It must be pretty old, because it has 76 on one side which was a gas station chain that existed years ago..I believe it has turned into Circle K now...although it was a little beat up, I thought it was perfect for a ring....and it only cost 50 cents!.....Anywho, I created a silver band and setting for the ball. There are four prongs that hold the lightweight ball into place. I don't follow sports much, but here in Kent and the surrounding areas, it is a BIG deal. I have decided to make 3 rings commemorating the awesome team spirit and support that my friends have for a)the Cavs, b)the Browns, and c)the Indians....So look for an indians and browns ring soon! If you have memorabilia that you would like to donate, let me know! because I will be making them out of found objects.

Thanks for reading!

Materials: found styrofoam, sterling silver
Dimensions: 2.5 x 1.75 x 1.75 inches





No comments:

Post a Comment