Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

RING No. 104

Today was a pretty good day. I went to the studio to finish necklaces to accessorize Leland Sykes' Senior Fashion collection. Leland's work and my necklace designs can be seen tomorrow at the Dress Rehearsal (which I get to attend!) and at the Main Fashion Event, which I believe is Saturday. I am so excited! After that, I went to get some much needed coffee. I got to see Kathleen do a demo in large scale about screen printing enamel on metal. It was exciting. After going to the gym, I got some delicious Taco Tantos. The only thing that would have made today better was if I could have been outside more. The weather was perfect! But hopefully this weekend I can play a spot of frisbee!

Tonight's ring is made from a piece of an electric razor/trimmer that my step dad Sid gave me. I think of the critter as baby hedgehog on top of a box. Although, it could be argued that it looks like a baby porcupine. I got the spikes that are on the back from Terra (they were zip ties!). Thanks Terra! and the Box came from New York when I went to Metalliferous. They were hundreds in a box marked FREE. So I took as many as would fit in my bag. I formed a silver band and riveted it to the back. The googly eyes came from a recent venture to the local thrift store.

Thanks for reading! Good night!

Materials: Found Plastic and metal parts, plastic box, Sterling silver, found googly eyes, and glue.
Dimensions: 2.25 x 1.75 x 1.75 inches





No comments:

Post a Comment