Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

RING No. 319

Today I overslept again :(......I woke up in the nick of time though! but did not get to do the things I intended to do before my class (I teach at 11:00am and I woke at 10:30) Thanksgiving Break cannot come soon enough...I really need a full night of sleep. Today in class I demonstrated Spruing and Investing.....I think it went pretty welll. After class I did a few things around the studio and then gave a brief talk to her Alternative Materials Class about polishing plastic. After that I did a few more things in the studio and walked home (Charlie Brown style) to take a nap. I was happy to see that my Andy Warhol book had come in the mail! I laid down for what turned into a 3.5 hour nap....when I awoke I finished the reading for tomorrow morning's seminar meeting. It was pretty interesting and I am looking forward to discussing it. I then went to the studio and Graded my students work, took care of some online stuff, and did my Treasury duties for the Co-Op Sale.....We did much better today than yesterday.....(Yesterday we were put in the upstairs of the Student Center instead of downstairs and it was very detrimental to our sales. Today's total sales were 5 times what yesterday's were. And today we were in the Art Building, which doesn't get half the traffic the Student Center(downstairs) does.

After all that, I made a ring and now I'm home.....I hope I can sleep. That nap was much needed but I fear I may not fall asleep well...

I am planning to wake up and go to the gym early in the morning. I haven't worked out in almost a year. It is time to change that.

Tonight's ring is a Bead Collection....The first bead on the string I have had since I was a little girl, the second bead I made from old gift cards and credit cards back in 2007 i think, and the last bead is one that I acquired when i was a teenager. I am now ready to part with some of my awesome beads! They are strung on a yo yo string that broke off my vintage Duncan Butterfly when I let Brice Forman play with it once.

Materials: yo yo string, glass beads, repurposed plastic bead with sterling silver tube rivet
Dimensions: 5 x .75 x .75 inches


No comments:

Post a Comment