Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

RING No. 313

Today I kind of woke up on the wrong side of the bed.....BUT......that quickly turned around! I am very thankful for all the kind, thoughtful people who I call friends (and some acquaintances).....They really brightened my day today! Here are some of them: April, My mom, Kathleen, Steve, Brian, Jess, Danielle, John, Aaron, Lauren, and Dana,.....Thanks Guys!!! And thanks to all the people who I will see later tonight: Katie, Cam, Kristel, Joanna, and many more! I know you guys will lift my spirits even more!

I went to school this morning, met with Kathleen, worked diligently on my thesis work, went to a committee meeting for GSS, visited the ceramics studio, visited the textiles studio, went back to my studio and proceeded to work until just now when I came home. It was a busy day, but well worth it!

Also, the weather was really nice today. It was a perfect cool temperature and the leaves were rustling as I walked home tonight. The moon shone bright through the low lying clouds. It was a spectacular walk home.

So tomorrow I am going to enter some of my bracelets into the Small works show....wish me luck!....Also I am continuing working with my class and their wax working....(pretty exciting!) I am going to make a ring or 2 or 3 right along with them..... :)

As I am typing, I am thinking about how God really does answer prayers....for the past few months, I had been praying about a specific thing(personal, or else I'd share)....and I had really been concentrating on thinking positive about it and not letting it get me too far down. And lo and behold, it was resolved, and when I least expected it....I know many people are skeptical about the power of prayer, but I ask you, what do you have to lose? a few moments of your time to think/talk about what is bothering you? A very small price to pay to receive a solution to a problem/peace of mind......I for one know that I could spend a little less time doing some of the things I do day in and day out......I urge you to try it sometime :).

Tonight's ring is made from a Deer Antler....I acquired it from one of Erica Raby's students (after I had spoken to her Art Appreciation class) The gentleman (I will find out his name and update this post to thank him) told me after my presentation that he wanted to donate to my ring a day project and I said "Of Course!"...So a while back, Erica brought me a bag of antlers from him.....He is a hunter. Thank you kind sir!!!

Thanks for reading,
Goodnight!

Materials: Deer Antler
Dimensions: .75 x .75 x .125 inch




No comments:

Post a Comment