Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

RING No. 318

This post is long, but I had an even longer day and I need to vent. :) Today began with a bit of a rough start......I was supposed to wake up early and go to the Credit Union to get change for the Jewelry Sale, but I overslept my several alarms (stayed up way too late last night working in the studio). I woke to a call from Kim letting me know they couldn't get into the Grad studio to get the Jewelry for the Sale......I went to let them in and while they were loading up I went to get the money. Then I realized they had no receipt books...So I went to get some of those.....Finally I got home and intended to take a brief nap before I had to meet with Kathleen....I checked my mailbox and saw that I had 2 pkgs that needed to be picked up at the Post Office. I immediately went to get them (Last week a pkg was returned to the sender because I did not pick it up in time :(.... ). When I got back home I slept for about an hour and then walked to school. I met Kathleen and we discussed the casting that I will be doing with my class this week. After we met, she gave me a ride to Wordsmith's so I could get copies made of the handouts for my class demos this week. After Wordsmith's I returned to the studio to finish the readings for my Art History class. Mr. Brian Sullivan (School of Art Technician and all around awesome person) was in our studio fixing the electroformer.......after he was done, he helped me get my computer to connect to our secure and fast WIFI network. (I had been having problems connecting and in turn had to use the guest network which was not as good) Thank you Brian! I went to class for a few hours and then came back to the studio.....I then ate the rest of my (full size) (I also have minis) gummi bears......After that tiny treat I fulfilled my duties as Treasurer (counting our income after each day of the sale and making sure inventory/totals are properly recorded along with getting paperwork/change ready for the next sale day) I then finished carving one of my wax ring models. After carving, I sprued one and invested it. (google these casting terms if you are curious!)....I then made today's ring and carved two more ring models. I am super tired, but I got a lot done today.

Thanks to Kathleen for the little plastic Hippo

Thanks for reading! Goodnight!

Materials: Plastic and Aluminum
Dimensions: 3 x 1.75 x 1 inches







Who am I? Well, I have been thinking about this today......I am many things........Student, Teacher, Senator, Treasurer, Member, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Granddaughter, Girlfriend, Close Friend, Friend, Acquaintance, and Stranger.....Who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment