Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

RING No. 272

It is easy to take things for granted, especially intangible and invisible things. I have realized that I sometimes do this without even knowing. We often learn something new everyday, whether it be about the world, other people, places, or things. Personally, I learn about myself more everyday(In addition to many things). What makes me tick. What I really want out of life...etc...It is kind of sad that we only know ourselves fully so late in life, but I suppose that is how it goes. 

Today's ring is invisible. Only a price tag exists. (the rings will be for sale at the end of the year) (Price Tag made of found paper, ink, and silk thread) I did this to illustrate that sometimes the most important things in life are priceless and intangible. For example: Friendship, Love, and Time. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the tangible things such as hugs, kisses, high fives, etc......but I think the intangible ones just don't get enough credit. I know I haven't always put as much value as I should into them. I sometimes find myself doubting things if I cannot see and feel them constantly. This is why faith and hope are so very important. I have learned this today. I knew it before now, but sometimes we need to realize how real these truths are. I was going title the ring "The I don't feel like making a Ring today" ring. But I think Invisible/Intangible Ring is much better. I pretty much just did not want to make a ring today....at all. whatsoever. point blank.....Mostly because I am not feeling well and I just have no energy. But also because my mind is all over the place.....there have been days that I didn't feel like making anything, but I pushed through it. This day was by far the worst. 

Today was a pretty stressful, sad, and overwhelming day. After class, I came home and read for a while in bed, took a nap, and then sat in quiet reflection. I had a skype date with my mom scheduled after that, and was it ever the right time. I skyped for quite a while with her and it was so nice to hear a familiar friendly voice from home. I love it when my mom makes me laugh. She knows me better than anyone and I am so glad she is my mom.

PS: on a side random note.....I have recently found much enjoyment and satisfaction in YoYos...I encourage you to get a YoYo and start playing today. It is a nice thing to do when you are walking home from the studio, and as Katie Fisher said, it is a "Good Wholesome Activity"...I think I quoted that right....it was a few days ago.

Thank you for reading, Goodnight

Materials: Time and Love
Dimensions: Infinite






Boo

1 comment:

  1. I made it on your blog!!!! Love you miss Tab! Hope you're feeling refreshed and relaxed after your Thursdays adventure! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete