Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

RING No. 255

I present to you the Harvest Moon/Man in the Moonstone Ring.....

I skyped with my mom tonight and she said that there was a Harvest moon tonight. Learn about that here: Harvest Moon  Since there is a face carved into the moonstone, I also thought a good name would be The Man in the Moonstone....

I was already making a bezel set moonstone ring and so I thought that it was pretty serendipitous that there was a special moon tonight.

Years ago, when I was babysitting, one of the girls gave me this moonstone. She had 3 and when I told her that I was a jewelry artist, she picked one out and gave it to me to make something with. I have treasured it ever since then and waited for the perfect time to use it. Tomorrow I am doing the bezel setting demo for my class and so I was making today's ring in practice for that.

Thanks for reading. Goodnight.

Materials: Sterling Silver and Moonstone
Dimensions: 0.125 x .75 x .75 inches





No comments:

Post a Comment