Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Monday, August 29, 2011

RING No. 241

Today was the first day of classes. I went to my Land/Environmental Art History Class. It seems like a very interesting and thought provoking class. I have been mulling over an excerpt from a reading by Robert Smithson we had to discuss today. The part that has stuck in my head is : "The museums and parks are graveyards above the ground--congealed memories of the past that act as a pretext for reality. This causes acute anxiety among artists, in so far as they challenge, compete, and fight for the spoiled ideas of lost
situations"

Tomorrow is the first day of my class (Jewelry Concepts and Techniques) that I am teaching. I am excited!

Today's ring is made from an ipod nano that my sister Susanna gave me. It was broken, so she told me I could take it apart and make something. Thanks Suzie! :) I used steel (backplate) and plastic (clickwheel) from the ipod.

Materials: ipod parts (steel and plastic)
Dimensions: 1.25 x 1.25 x .0625 inch








No comments:

Post a Comment