Search for a Specific Ring!

Tabitha Ott: Blog

Search for a Specific Ring above!

Welcome to my blog.......

This blog was started in 2011 to document a Ring-A-Day project.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

RING No. 152

I made tonight's ring out of some confetti I found at my mom's in a box. She said that my niece Braelynn had found it on a playground (she picked up every piece!). When she asked Braelynn what she was going to do with it, she replied "I want to send them up to heaven for Nana". I thought these were the perfect thing to make tonight's ring out of. Especially because Nanu's memorial service was today and her favorite color was pink.

I was called "meddlesome" today by my grandfather "Grandy", but in a good way. We went on a trip to Lowe's to find some pvc fittings and when he couldn't find what he needed, I went searching. When I found something that fit, he said something like "Well aren't you meddlesome!".....:) It was nice to spend some time with him.

The memorial service was beautiful. There was a gorgeous flower arrangement at the front of the church that my former boss (Brenda Harley) at Devin's Flowers created. It had a photo of Nanu in the center. It was full of the most elegent pink flowers. I am sure Nanu was looking down from heaven and smiling. Donnie Ulmer sang a beautiful song as did my mom (pre-recorded). My uncle Traywick spoke and his words touched my heart.

After the service, we reminisced about some good memories, such as: Every time any of us would call Nanu & Grandy's on the phone and ask for her, Grandy would say something witty like, "Let me go get her, she's out in the field plowing with the mules"....or "Greeta, you got a long distance phone call"....or "I don't know about that, she's out in the field"...or "You gonna have to put in another quarter".....I would always hear her in the background saying "Oh Lewis!" or "Lewis! who is that?"...They had the sweetest relationship....

I just found out today that they met on a blind date and that they only knew each other for 6 months before they got married. Now that is commitment. To know someone for that long and get married to end up staying together for 61 years is really remarkable. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, I really hope I can be that blessed one day.

Thank you for reading and goodnight!

PS: My apologies for the quality of the photos, it was difficult to capture the shiny confetti...

Materials: found confetti, thread, found plastic
Dimensions: 4.5 x 2 x .125 inches








No comments:

Post a Comment